We are currently seeking a Part-Time Airport Representative, to be responsible for coordinating Airport Transfers, meeting and greeting of student clients, and to oversee Transport related activities.
Responsibilities & tasks
- Act as the initial point of communication with clients – greeting upon arrival/departure, marking off on the arrival/departure sheets, issuing student handbooks with ID cards, directing towards the appropriate transportation provided or check in desks, and any general assistance and queries;
- Ensuring the IELS airport booth is kept in a presentable manner with branding displayed, and is fully stocked with required items (brochures, placards, spare student handbooks, etc);
- To be appropriately dressed in company uniform during working hours;
- Dealing with direct queries and information requests; distributing information regarding accommodation and related information in a professional manner;
- Assisting any minors who require assistance and accompanying them to the relevant airline attendant;
- Updating and checking the accuracy of the arrivals list on a frequent basis;
- Informing colleagues and superior with any amendments to the arrivals/departures list;
- Ensuring all relevant services within the Airport Hotel are functioning properly and reporting any faults to 3rd party suppliers;
- Assessing transport company drivers for timekeeping, correct information displays and customer service functions, and reporting any discrepancies on a regular basis;
- Informing the main office and direct superior of any flight delays, no shows, driver delays, students not listed on the arrival/departure information sheets, lost luggage issues, additional transfer requirements, and assisting all customer service aspects required with these aspects;
- To provide a detailed report on a weekly basis to the Transport Co-ordinator;
- Maintaining safety at work and be aware of any fire and evacuation precautionary measures & procedures at the Malta International Airport;
- Keep in regular communications with the school regarding all airport transfer vouchers and any irregularities, and student issues or complaints handled;
- Confirming staff roster and completing timesheets within the required time frame;
- Immediate action and assistance with queries relating to, but not limited to: transport, handbooks, vouchers, directions, visa issues, police reports, lost luggage and personal items, check in procedures;
- Any ad hoc administrative duties as required and designated by the Transport Co-ordinator or senior Management;
- Educated up to Tertiary level;
- Good organisation and supervisory skills;
- 2-3 years working experience in the hospitality & tourism industry.
- Good working knowledge of English and at least one other foreign language;
- Valid driving licence and own vehicle;
- Customer service focused with excellent people skills.
Hours of work
This position is of a casual part-time basis with shifts arranged and agreed upon in advance depending upon student arrival & departure times. However, in virtue of the position & responsibilities, the hours of work shall be flexible in accordance with the day to day requirements of the department, and will include weekend involvement.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the most suitable applicant in accordance with his/her experience and qualifications.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send a detailed CV with a covering letter to:
or Apply Online below.
Please quote Reference number: ARE17-11
|Job Ref No||ARE17-11|
|Reports To||Transport Co-ordinator|
|Purpose||To be responsible for coordinating Airport Transfers, meeting and greeting of student clients, and to oversee Transport related activities.|