We are currently seeking an active and highly driven individual to assist the Finance Team in the performance of the Accounting function of the company. The role of the Finance Clerk is one of high responsibility, directly concerned with the day-to-day accounting duties of the department, and assisting the Finance Manager in financial reporting matters.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Accounts Payables: processing of invoices from suppliers and ensuring that they are accurately classified and posted to the appropriate accounts; actively participating in reconciliations with suppliers; preparation of payments;
- Maintaining all Supplier invoicing files up to date and in a confidential manner;
- Accounts Receivables: processing of daily receivable transactions; preparing deposit slips when needed; maintaining accurate and comprehensive records of each day’s transactions; assist in the upkeep of Debtor accounts; posting of receipts and issuing statements to Debtors on a weekly basis;
- General Ledger: processing of month-end transactions and other General Ledger postings that are required;
- Filing of all Accounting department documents;
- Supporting the Accounts team in the preparation of management financial statements;
- Reconciliations of department accounts;
- Raising any invoice, receipt, and payment concerns with the Financial Controller and department managers;
- Cashing in of takings from other departments, and float checks;
- Assisting in stock-takes and reconciliations;
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Financial Controller or person appointed by him/her.
Qualification, traits and Attitude:
- Good working knowledge of English, with excellent communication skills (written, and verbal);
- Computer literate especially with use of MS Excel spreadsheets;
- ‘A’ Level pass in Accounting;
- Able to demonstrate aptitude with numbers, attention to detail and able to produce highly accurate work;
- Experience in a finance related environment;
- Reliable, determined and highly confidential.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the most suitable applicant in accordance with his/her experience and qualifications.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send a detailed CV with a covering letter to:
Please quote Reference number: ACC18-12
|Job Ref No||FCL18-12|
|Reports to||Finance Manager|
|Purpose||To assist the Finance Team in the performance of the Accounting function of the company.|