The hotel receptionist needs to be friendly and professional at all times, and able to ensure the safety of the guests.
Responsibilities & tasks
- Act as the initial point of communication – greeting guests upon arrival, completing the registration process, issuing room key cards, asking questions about the quality of their stay, assessing their responses and any remedial action which needs to be taken;
- Ensuring the front reception desk is well presented at all times;
- Dealing with direct queries and information requests; distributing information regarding accommodation and related information in a professional manner;
- Updating, analyzing, and checking the accuracy of the in-house Reservations system on an occasional basis;
- Performing cashiers functions – ensuring collection of payments and organising deposits;
- Promoting Hotel outlets, maximising room sales and revenue for Hotel through up-selling;
- Maintain the PABX system and any other audio, visual and transmitting equipment;
- Ensuring the full security of the premises is maintained, and the “residents only” policy of the Hotel is adhered to along with adequate noise restrictions, especially during night time shifts;
- Ensure that only alcoholic beverages purchased from the Hotel are consumed within public areas of the premises, and that guests and public persons do not consume alcohol outside the front of the Hotel;
- Responding to telephone queries promptly, clearly and in a professional manner;
- Maintains safety at work and awareness of fire precautions and evacuation procedures;
- Keep in regular communications with the school regarding all accommodation vouchers, reservation allocations, student issues & complaints handling;
- Informing Maintenance personnel of any required actions, whilst communicating the matter to the Senior Receptionist or/Hotel and Residence Manager;
- Immediate action and assistance with queries relating to, but not limited to: bookings, visa issues, payments, products, marketing presentation, key product features, and quotations;
- Assisting with Reception cover at the IELS School in Sliema when required, and to include greeting students, answering & transferring calls, forwarding any mail, and assisting with basic administrative tasks;
- Any ad hoc administrative duties, including report creation and project work, as required and designated by management.
- Good organisation and supervisory skills;
- 2-3 years working experience in the hospitality & tourism industry.
- Good working knowledge of English and at least one other foreign language;
- Customer service focused with excellent people skills.
Hours of work
This positions are on a part-time basis with shifts arranged and agreed upon in advance. However, in virtue of the position & responsibilities, the hours of work shall be flexible in accordance with the day to day requirements of the department, and will include weekend involvement.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the most suitable applicant in accordance with his/her experience and qualifications.
Day’s Inn Hotel in Cathedral Street, Sliema and other associated schools and hotel premises, and any locations as may be required, including Magister Academy in St Julian’s.
How to apply:
If you are interested in these positions, please send a detailed CV with a covering letter to:
or Apply Online below.
Please quote Reference number: FTM12-12
|Job Ref No||FTM12-12|
|Reports To||Hotel & Residence Manager|
|Purpose||To welcome Day's Inn & The Howard guests, manage room bookings and handle guests requests during their stay.|