Dates: From February 2019 – November 2019
- Giving a welcome talk to new students on a Monday morning – giving out and taking in questionnaires on satisfaction and for testimonials. Helping with testing and a variety of additional office tasks shared with the manager of the school.
- Keeping up to date with activities happening on the islands from week to week – wine/beer/music/cultural festivals etc… Anything which may be of interest to students in their free time.
- Preparing weekly programme of activities – being flexible to changes in programme due to lack of students, cancellations, bad weather etc… making posters and keeping the activities notice board up to date.
- Organizing transport to beaches, restaurants – accompanying students on some excursions – giving bus information, informing students where places are and how to best get there and being quick to suggest a group activity for students to go together. Being there during break times for making suggestions and as the person who will arrange activities during which students can practice their English together out of school.
- Being responsible for selling tickets and taking money for transport, boat trips, jeep tours, segway tours etc…
- Keeping the excel sheets up to date with money taken, tickets sold etc… which will be part of weekly office work. Producing tour reports.
- Taking photos and posting on facebook etc… Keeping the school’s social media sites active and inviting.
- Helping students feel welcome and handling issues relating to accommodation, transport, health etc…
- Working with school manager to find solutions to students problems in accordance with company policy.
- Having own laptop quite essential.
- Being trustworthy and sensible while also being outgoing and flexible.
- Using own initiative while at the same time understanding the way the business operates.
- When not busy in the office there will be some opportunities to join students in the English classes if there is space and if the level is appropriate.
- Working hours vary – from 8.30 until 1pm in general in the office on most week days with additional hours in the afternoons and some evenings accompanying students on excursions.
- Free transfer to and from the airport included. Free meal at the weekly welcome dinner.
Assistant needs B1 level of English minimum. Skype interviews can be arranged.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send a detailed CV with a covering letter to:
email@example.com or by post: The HR Manager, IELS Limited, Mattew Pulis Street, Sliema.
Please quote Reference number: LWC-Gozo-18-12
|Job Category||Leisure, Welfare|
|Job Ref No||LWC-Gozo-18-12|