We are currently seeking an active and highly driven individual as a Reservations Assistant to assist the Reservations & Accommodation Manager by performing a variety of duties including (but not limited to):
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Assisting the Reservations & Accommodation Manager in all matters related to Reservations ensuring an efficient operation of the Reservations Department;
- Dealing with direct/agents’ enquiries; distributing information re courses and accommodation; working out and sending quotes;
- Inputting and processing of bookings received, and sending out all relevant information and financial documents to agents/direct/accommodation providers;
- Managing booking and allocation charts for the company owned properties, on-site Residence and Young Learner hotel residences;
- Producing necessary financial records to the Finance Department in conformity with operational/accounting procedures;
- Oversee and present weekly/monthly/quarterly reports to analyse the overall business performance and accommodation occupancy;
- Keeping an update on amounts due by Agents, direct debtors and chasing on any outstanding payments;
- Immediate collection of payment for any walk-in bookings or extension of stay or additional services;
- Issuing and follow up of Visa letters and assisting students requiring entry Visa to stay in Malta, liaising with Immigration Department, and dealing with other related matters;
- Meet and socialize with agents during their visits to Malta and to IELS Malta;
- Any additional ad hoc administrative duties, including report creation and project work, as required and designated by the Reservations & Accommodation Manager or Head of Sales & Reservations.
Qualification, traits and Attitude:
- Strong ability to work without supervision and within a team;
- Highly reliable and task driven;
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage;
- Very good working knowledge of spoken and written English.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the most suitable applicant in accordance with his/her experience and qualifications.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send a detailed CV with a covering letter to:
or Apply Online below.
Please quote Reference number: RES18-07
|Job Category||Reservations & Accommodation|
|Job Ref No||RES18-07|
|Reports To||Reservations & Accommodation Manager|
|Purpose||Assisting the Reservations & Accommodation Manager in all matters related to Reservations ensuring an efficient operation of the Reservations Department.|